• Virtual Awakening - New Hero & Technology

Hello everyone,

We've got some really nice feedback on our 1.0.60 build and are hoping you will all be able to jump into the game and play some ES this weekend: the more feedback the better!

As for the "Virtual Awakening" add-on coming soon, here's your little update of the day: an additional hero bringing interesting lore, and a new technology!

New hero: Ting Neuil

Ting Neuil

Faction: Deuyivan

Classes: Corporate / Commander

Stats:
    • Labour: 0
    • Wit: 6
    • Melee: 0
    • Offence: 4
    • Defence: 5

As beings that evolved on a Dust-rich gas giant, the culture and society of the Deuyivan are either incomprehensible or inexplicable. Therefore, to simplify communication they tend to adopt the names of other sentients that they meet. Neuil, a mathematical genius who applied his skills to financial models and game theory, took the name of an Endless leader that he met during his first trip off his home planet.

New technology: Gas terraformation

It will allow the player to terraform gas planets into lava or barren planets.

Using a technology invented by the Automatons (with a dash of Endless and Deuyivan help), it is possible to strip off extraneous gases and accrete the core of a gas giant into a solid planet capable of supporting a traditional ecosphere.

Have a nice weekend and stay tuned!
    Comments 34 Comments
      Igncom1 -
      Is that a automaton only tech or can everyone do it? And you do realise that it is only a matter of time before people ask you to do the same with asteroids?
      Aries1980 -
      Steph'nie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Igncom1 View Post
      Is that a automaton only tech or can everyone do it? And you do realise that it is only a matter of time before people ask you to do the same with asteroids?
      Everyone can do it. That's the tech you guys unlocked with the Steam Free Weekend event.
      Stealth_Hawk -
      Looking good.I guess I must have missed the Deuyivan announcement, 'cause i have no clue what they are.

I wish this new technology could work the other way, too. But that would be a little OP.
      Nosferatiel -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_Hawk View Post
      Looking good.I guess I must have missed the Deuyivan announcement, 'cause i have no clue what they are.

I wish this new technology could work the other way, too. But that would be a little OP.
      You haven't missed anything, there has been no announcement regarding them.
      Steph'nie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatiel View Post
      You haven't missed anything, there has been no announcement regarding them.
      You guys voted for them in a G2G vote: they are a minor faction.
      Everestrider -
      Can't wait!
      stilz -
      I really appreciate the continued support you guys provide to the game. While additional content is great, I'd also ask you to please look into accessing those contents less tedious--i.e. improve the UI. For example, identifying planets with available upgrades--terraforming, new improvements--is a completely manual process. This can be alleviated by adding additional columns in the system overview, e.g. count of available improvements, count of possible terraforming.

I understand everything takes development time, but there are certainly some that's low effort and high reward:
      -CTRL + click to queue improvement to top of queue. Currently, adding a new item to an existing queue is a frustrating process of multiple click, drag, click drag...
      -More information in the system overview as mentioned above. Thanks for reading.
      godwana -
      all changes good but the best is the gas terraforming. i realy love this game and i playing this in pc and notebook too, when im on trains or if i travel somewhere but i would be more happy if u can add sínaptic touchpad support (zoom and scroll)
      Sovereign -
      This Alien looks so unbelievable awesome!
      Pls tell me the "Deuyivan" are the new race which is comming with the new addon / or the future expansion pack.

I wanna kiss the drawer and or creative mind behind this! is it a woman ;D ?
      ShasOFaiz -
      Gas Terraforming? Oh, Amplitude...you didn't have to go all-out for my birthday...(Now all we need is Asteroid terraforming and I can die happy)
      Roguim -
      wow great news indeed, and the v is one of the most awesome looking race i ever see. and this new terraformation will certainly solve my issue with unhappiness due a star system with an overflow of gas.
      vaendryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Igncom1 View Post
      you do realise it's only a matter of time they'll add that in another expansion as another easy bullet point?
      Tredecim -
      Cool Hero, reminds me a bit of the famous Shrike
      Sovereign -
      He looks a like a "Rachni" from the mass effect series too ; )
      DevildogFF -
      This stuff looks great, guys! I love this new hero, too, and the idea of a new minor faction. Truthfully, the art direction in this game is in its own class. I think I'll be jumping in again with this add-on. I've been taking a break with Iceberg's other pet 4X, Stardrive. Between the two of you, I have no idea where all my free time will go beyond these two great games!
      KnightHawk -
      Gas transformation - nice!
      meeeeeller -
      I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring it up, but will colored anomalies find their way into this add on or the upcoming expansion? It's the only reason that I play with mods and the AI doesn't use battle cards at all in the mods
      Ail -
      Quote Originally Posted by Steph'nie View Post
      unlocked with the Steam Free Weekend
      Insanely good pun!

The Steam Free Weekend makes you able to free the Gas-Giants of their Steam.
      Tainted -
      Nice addition to the game. I great to see gas giants getting some love. Now all we need is to transform those pesky asteroids into space stations or ammo for planet destroying weapons