viral stories
  • [AMPLITUDE] Upcoming Updates for DotE & EL

    Hi all,

    It has been some time since I updated you on our progress at Amplitude. I guess you will understand some of the Amplidudes and Amplidudettes are very busy with Endless Space 2, but the rest of them has been working on great content for Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.




    First of all, we will release on November 19th a big free update for Endless Legend, called “Forges of Creation”. This update enables the access to Steam Workshop to store and retrieve mods. We have also greatly increased the abilities to mod the game, for example by adding compatibility to a popular Map Editor (bring forth your favorite fantasy worlds to Endless Legend!) or the ability to reskin 3D units. So thanks to all our Closed Beta Testers who’ve helped us test the new modding tools & Workshop!

    We have also added new gameplay content, to follow up on your passed GAMES2GETHER votes and community unlocks from the Steam Free Weekend. Last but not least, the AI team has worked a lot on improving the AI of Endless Legend. Most of all, they built better tools to understand what was going on with the AI decisions. This allowed us to fix lots of problems and this is a lesson we will keep for our future projects. We will share more details on this free update content in the upcoming days. By the way, did I mention it was free ?

    We are also going to release a content pack containing a collection of 20 quests related to Minor Factions (The Lost Tales, 1.99€), and another pack featuring 7 new musical tracks composed by our one and only FlyByNo, with related new items, such as the “Harp of Noby Fly” (Echoes of Auriga, 2.99€).




    As far as Dungeon of the Endless is concerned, we are also going to release a humongous big free update due November 24th, the “Organic Matters” update (wonder who comes with those names anyway…), featuring lots of content conceptualized by you in Forum Creation Competitions and the GAMES2GETHER. You will be able to try the new Organic Spaceship, fight with 3 new monsters including Vultuu, play with the new Rosetta hero, build the new minor modules and check out the brand new ending sequence. Also, our work on console has allowed us to deliver a proper gamepad interface for the game, which can be activated in the menus.

    On top of this free update, we are proposing a content pack (The Rescue Team, 1.99€), adding 3 Rescue Team heroes with very unique skills we’ll reveal next week, two new monsters and a new major module. We can’t wait to have you get your hands on this!

    … we’re of course working on Endless Space 2… but that’s another story.


    Find out more on the new content for Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless in next week's stream: November 19th, at 5pm (Paris time). Subscribe to our TWITCH channel and don't miss any of our streams!


    Thanks,
    Amplimath
    Comments 19 Comments
    1. Pavec's Avatar
      Pavec -
      How are you able to release soo much free stuff? Incredible!

      ..and another pack featuring 7 new musical tracks composed by our one and only FlyByNo
      I love EL's soundtracks. They are really relaxing. Hopefully FlyByNo will compose something for ES2, too.

      We have also greatly increased the abilities to mod the game, for example by adding compatibility to a popular Map Editor (bring forth your favorite fantasy worlds to Endless Legend!)
      I am speechless, seriously.
    1. Falkner's Avatar
      Falkner -
      It all sounds fantastic! Let's hope a modding community crops up.
    1. Maverik's Avatar
      Maverik -
      I don´t like micro-DLCs but all the content for Endless Legend is Insta-Buy for me so.. good news. And new FlyByNo music it's really wellcome, usually when I play a 4X game for long time I turn off the music of the game and play other songs. That never happened in Endless Legend.
    1. Crixler's Avatar
      Crixler -
      So much exciting stuff!
    1. Rancor's Avatar
      Rancor -
      updates are always nice, the free once and well, when you can afford it, the costly ones as too. now I'd like to try an organic space shuttle. or was it a ship...
    1. Aethyr_Knight's Avatar
      Aethyr_Knight -
      Awesome ! Looking forward to the new content
    1. Nasarog's Avatar
      Nasarog -
      Cool deal. Sign me up!
    1. icarus86's Avatar
      icarus86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
      I don´t like micro-DLCs but all the content for Endless Legend is Insta-Buy for me so.. good news. And new FlyByNo music it's really wellcome, usually when I play a 4X game for long time I turn off the music of the game and play other songs. That never happened in Endless Legend.
      Same here. Don.t like the idea of lots of small DLCs but I.ll grab this one most probably ^^
    1. Kingsguard's Avatar
      Kingsguard -
      Sounds great !
    1. DevildogFF's Avatar
      DevildogFF -
      The AI update is legit, fans. You will really like what they've cooked up!
    1. Slashman's Avatar
      Slashman -
      Quote Originally Posted by DevildogFF View Post
      The AI update is legit, fans. You will really like what they've cooked up!
      Now I have to wait 5 whole days though!!!

      I'm really pumped to get back to the game and try it with all the new stuff!

      Go team Amplitude!!!
    1. Szemis's Avatar
      Szemis -
      Great News!! I was about to start a new game, I'll now hold of a few days to sink my teeth into the new content
    1. ds108j's Avatar
      ds108j -
      These are great news, but...

      For some of them, it reminds me the nasty "micro-DLC".

    1. Slashman's Avatar
      Slashman -
      Quote Originally Posted by ds108j View Post
      These are great news, but...

      For some of them, it reminds me the nasty "micro-DLC".

      What the hell is 'nasty micro-DLC'? No really, this is nonsense that I have seen over and over from people online who feel they are entitled to tell a developer what is worth charging for and what isn't.

      If a game has a lot of little DLCs versus one huge expansion, what is the actual difference if the content delivered is of good quality? Now if the DLC is bad, of poor quality, or adds nothing to the game, then I'm there waving my pitchfork right along with the loudest of them.

      The fact is that smaller DLCs allow people to choose exactly what they want to add to the game. Huge expansions can include many things that different people aren't interested in. So then you pay a large amount and get bits of game that you don't like or don't want. You can turn off the DLCs that you might not want to play. If it is one huge expansion all the time, then you can't turn off the small bits. This actually allows more flexibility for both the player and the developer.

      Amplitude have never released poor DLCs in terms of content. If this was Bioware/EA we were talking about then I'd likely be pointing fingers and glowering dubiously, but this is Amplitude and while they may not always get things perfect, they never have come across to me as being dishonest or looking to cheat people.
    1. icarus86's Avatar
      icarus86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Slashman View Post
      What the hell is 'nasty micro-DLC'? No really, this is nonsense that I have seen over and over from people online who feel they are entitled to tell a developer what is worth charging for and what isn't.

      If a game has a lot of little DLCs versus one huge expansion, what is the actual difference if the content delivered is of good quality? Now if the DLC is bad, of poor quality, or adds nothing to the game, then I'm there waving my pitchfork right along with the loudest of them.

      The fact is that smaller DLCs allow people to choose exactly what they want to add to the game. Huge expansions can include many things that different people aren't interested in. So then you pay a large amount and get bits of game that you don't like or don't want. You can turn off the DLCs that you might not want to play. If it is one huge expansion all the time, then you can't turn off the small bits. This actually allows more flexibility for both the player and the developer.

      Amplitude have never released poor DLCs in terms of content. If this was Bioware/EA we were talking about then I'd likely be pointing fingers and glowering dubiously, but this is Amplitude and while they may not always get things perfect, they never have come across to me as being dishonest or looking to cheat people.
      I'm totally with you : so far, Amplitude has developed top-quality DLCs for EL (this is why I bought them after all !)

      But there's an industry trend towards lots of small DLCs, and some of us do not like this trend. It's not against Amplitude, it's against the trend.

      So neither ds108j or myself meant anything bad towards Amplitude ... quite the contrary.
    1. Slashman's Avatar
      Slashman -
      Quote Originally Posted by icarus86 View Post
      I'm totally with you : so far, Amplitude has developed top-quality DLCs for EL (this is why I bought them after all !)

      But there's an industry trend towards lots of small DLCs, and some of us do not like this trend. It's not against Amplitude, it's against the trend.

      So neither ds108j or myself meant anything bad towards Amplitude ... quite the contrary.
      Sorry if I came off as overly hostile, but I really don't lump Amplitude into that category. If they start down that path, then I will surely be one of the first to tell them so.

      I was one of the people who were really critical of the AI performance in EL (I actually said I would not buy another DLC until they showed progress on this front) and they now are ready to release a large content update free of charge to address that. They do listen and make an honest effort.
    1. icarus86's Avatar
      icarus86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Slashman View Post
      Sorry if I came off as overly hostile, but I really don't lump Amplitude into that category. If they start down that path, then I will surely be one of the first to tell them so.

      I was one of the people who were really critical of the AI performance in EL (I actually said I would not buy another DLC until they showed progress on this front) and they now are ready to release a large content update free of charge to address that. They do listen and make an honest effort.
      No worries, glad everything's sorted out now ^^

      And yes, Amplitude are doing a great job, that's why :

      Quote Originally Posted by icarus86 View Post
      but I.ll grab this one most probably ^^
    1. TheMassive's Avatar
      TheMassive -
      Nice, another DotE update!
    1. ds108j's Avatar
      ds108j -
      Quote Originally Posted by Slashman View Post
      What the hell is 'nasty micro-DLC'? No really, this is nonsense that I have seen over and over from people online who feel they are entitled to tell a developer what is worth charging for and what isn't.

      If a game has a lot of little DLCs versus one huge expansion, what is the actual difference if the content delivered is of good quality? Now if the DLC is bad, of poor quality, or adds nothing to the game, then I'm there waving my pitchfork right along with the loudest of them.

      The fact is that smaller DLCs allow people to choose exactly what they want to add to the game. Huge expansions can include many things that different people aren't interested in. So then you pay a large amount and get bits of game that you don't like or don't want. You can turn off the DLCs that you might not want to play. If it is one huge expansion all the time, then you can't turn off the small bits. This actually allows more flexibility for both the player and the developer.

      Amplitude have never released poor DLCs in terms of content. If this was Bioware/EA we were talking about then I'd likely be pointing fingers and glowering dubiously, but this is Amplitude and while they may not always get things perfect, they never have come across to me as being dishonest or looking to cheat people.
      Oh come on, I never said that Amplitude released poor DLCs..... You just yelled at me because I talked about the "Micro-Dlc". Sure you can customize the content you want, sure it is a good thing for most people who can't or don't want to buy all content, but "I" prefer getting a big DLC. Now just keep cool, and just keep in mind that I NEVER "told a developer what is worth charging for and what isn't".
      Don't think that I don't support Amplitude, go check my profile if you like, but I prefer a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT a big DLc like Disharmony for ES, than many of them like in EL.