Alpha - May 2nd, 2012
• The Alpha version of Endless Spaceis delivered with 5 playable factions: United Empire, Craver, Sophon, Horatio and Hissho.
• All single player features are playable.
• All game generation options are available, including speed and difficulty
• The multiplayer component has been temporarily disabled. It will be present in the release version.
• 3 unannounced factions have been temporarily disabled. It will be present in the release build
• Some production values (images and animatics) are missing from the game, and will be added later on.
Work in progress:
• The game balancing and tuning is still work in progress.
• The artificial intelligence also requires a measure of tuning, and its diplomatic behavior needs perfecting (in progress).
• Some gameplay information in not perfectly clear in some user interface panels or tooltips. This will be perfected, especially based on user feedback.
• In some cases, frequent load/save actions can make the game unstable. It is advised to restart the application when this happens.
• After some time, the game can occupy too much system memory. It is advised to restart the application when this happens.
• The pirate faction varies in difficulty: they will be easy in some game, hard in others. This will be fixed.
• On systems with low-end graphic cards (such as laptops), the framerate can drop down. It is advised to play on “Fastest” settings on the computers. Reducing the video resolution to a lower resolution can also improve the framerate. We are monitoring this issue to find a better fix.
• Certain galaxy generations will result in extremely difficult start. It is currently being fixed.