The pre 1.0.25 game saves are not compatible with the new version, as we have added lots of modifications, especially in the Alliance System.
RISE OF THE AUTOMATONS (1.0.25)
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- Separated the visual affinity from the gameplay affinity. [G2G vote]
For instance, you can now customize your own faction with the gameplay of the Cravers and the art of the Amoeba.
- Added the "System Population Balancing" in the Galaxy's advanced options. Ranges from "Random" to "Perfect". For "Perfect", constellations with homeworlds now possess the same number of systems (with a maximum difference of 1 system).
- Added a panel for the Empire wide factors in the Empire view.
- Added a disclaimer when entering the Mods section for the first time.
- Changed the faction colors to differentiate the shades of green.
- Added Polish language.
- Added the possibility to load custom 3D models and textures for planet and ship modding.
- Changed the compatibility system of the save files.
- Added the soundtrack directory for Mac users in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/
AUTOMATONS [G2G vote]
TRADE ROUTES [G2G vote]
- Added a trade routes summary panel in the Empire view.
- Added the possibility to directly click on a trade route's origin system in the trade routes panel, to enter this system's view.
- Added a trade routes panel link on the System view.
- Added several tooltips for the trade routes panel.
- Added several AIPrerequisites from the community mod (by Ail, Grubsnik and Davea), globally improving AI when building star system improvements.
- Improved the tax rate management for the AI.
- Improved the formula that computes the response given by an AI to an alliance request.
- Changed the formula for trading a technology with the AI. Before, the price was related to the most wanted technology, now, it is related to the most expensive technology available.
HEROES & ACADEMY
- Added arrows to switch from a hero to another in the Inspection view.
- Added arrows to switch from a hero to another in the Academy.
- When recruiting a hero, he is now automatically selected in the active tab.
- Added an "Accept" button when assigning new abilities to a hero and the possibility to click on a selected ability to remove it before validating the final choice.
- Added empty slots to show how many heroes can still be recruited in the Academy.
- Added a tooltip to heroes' attributes to show what effect they have.
- Added a visual hero identifier in the Academy, to determine if a hero is in a system, a fleet or unassigned.
ALLIANCE & DIPLOMACY [G2G vote]
- Updated the alliance management system.
When offering a treaty with someone outside of an alliance, a request is sent to allies. They can now either:
1. Accept the treaty
2. Decide to leave the alliance.
- Added a tendency panel for diplomatic negotiations. Shows how an ally AI will likely respond to a treaty you offer to someone outside the alliance. Human players will always respond "Undecided".
- Changed the upkeep formula (cost 1 per CP --> cost 0.4*CP max per CP).
- Reduced the deflectors' evolution in stats, they were too efficient in late game: (3,5,8,11,14,20,25,30,36,45 => 2,4,7,10,13,17,22,27,33,39)
- Increased the hulls' HP to increase the probability to reach the melee phase: (small:300, medium:600,large:1200 => small:450, medium:1200, large:3000)
- Increased the cost of tonnage and repair modules' industry cost as well as modules related to strategic resources (to reward abundance).
- Reduced the Hissho's Bushido (20% on FIDS => 15% on FID).
- Increased the length of the Bushido but without the reset after an invasion (15 turns WITH reset => 45 turns WITHOUT reset after an invasion).
- Changed the Revenge trait's condition of activation (activated whenever a lost system was re-invaded by the player => will only activate during invasion if the lost system was previously owned at 100%).
- Changed the length of the different Cooperation Agreement steps (0/15/30 => 0/10/15).
- Reduced the AI bonus on weapons, defense and buyout to balance the difficulty. AI has been heavily improved and therefore needs less powerful bonuses.
- Balanced armor and repair module regarding the new HP's of the ships:
Armor flat value:
Armor 1: 25 => 50
Armor 2: 32 => 64
Armor 3 & Armor3 Terran: 42 => 84
Armor 4: 64 => 128
Armor 5: 54 => 108
Armor 6: 125 => 250
Armor 7: 110 => 220
Armor 8: 240 => 480
Armor 9: 220 => 440
Armor industry cost:
Armor 1: 3 => 6
Armor 2: 12 => 50
Armor 3 & Armor 3 Terran:10 => 20
Armor 4: 15 => 30
Armor 5: 21 => 42
Armor 6: 28 => 56
Armor 7: 36 => 72
Armor 8: 46 => 92
Armor 9: 116 => 450
Repair flat value:
Repair 1: 5 => 10
Repair 1: 20 => 40
Repair 3: 60 => 120
Repair 3: 20 => 40
- Fixed an issue where trying to display the “end of auto explore” alert message after destroying the corresponding fleet provoked a NullReferenceException.
- Fixed an issue where displaying the trade routes panel without trade routes provoked a NullReferenceException.
- Fixed an issue where global random events were not synchronized for all players.
- Fixed an issue where the AI was using obsolete ship template designs.
- Fixed an issue where the AI didn't use tonnage modules, resulting in partially empty ships.
- Fixed an issue where the number of turns, before a peace treaty was made available, was not saved. The peace treaty was then automatically available after loading a game.
- Fixed an issue where the interception module still intercepted attacks even when the defense module had 0 in interception.
- Fixed an issue where the game would hang when loading a game without available ship designs.
- Fixed an issue where Pilgrims' fleet errant wasn't concerned by faction traits that improve ships HP.
- Fixed an issue where the scroll bar would overlap with the resources in the diplomatic negotiations screen.
- Fixed application of approval bonus on improvement using percent.
- Fixed an issue where loading a saved game could remove contracts for many empires.
- Fixed an issue where creating an alliance did not spread the cease fire status across the allied factions.
- Fixed an issue where the beginning of a cease fire wasn't synchronized for all allies.
- Fixed an issue where infinite improvements in the queue could prevent using over production stacking.
- Fixed an issue where after invading a system with infinite improvement buildings, the modifier stayed active until the end of the game.
- Fixed an issue where diplomatic status resolution wasn't correctly done in an alliance vs alliance situation.
- Fixed an issue where the worst diplomatic status wasn't correctly spread when one of the 2 allies didn't know the third empire.
- Fixed an issue where the AI lost use of some of its fleets, leaving them unattended in a system.
- Fixed an issue with the AI parameters (for instance, the result of 3/2 was counted as 1,500 instead of 1.5).
- Fixed an issue related to the Sower's personnality.
- Fixed an issue which caused the AI building nothing in a system.
- Fixed an issue which forbade the AI to build food improvement when its food surplus was negative.
- Fixed several GUI issues.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several text issues.