Thread: Endless Space Multiplayer (%updating bug)

Spaceman Recruit
    G2G

Level
    Level Completed: 6%
Next Level: 94XP
    Achievements:
    Known Individual...AstronautBeen there, done that...

Endless Space Multiplayer (%updating bug)

Title is kind of vague, but I'll try to explain it more here: A friend and I saw this on steam, and it looked really cool, so we both bought it. Having an extreme amount of fun with singleplayer, we decided to fire up a multiplayer campaign. He was hosting a server, and sent me a join invite. Upon entering the game, I saw this:
    Every empire slot was blacked out, and the names said %Updating. He couldn't see what faction I was, either. I was the only one, it just said i was a random faction.
    If anyone knows whats going on, please, please help me. I'm really financially weak and hope I didn't spend 30 dollars for nothing.
    If it helps, my router model:
    Netgear WGR614 v6, hooked up to a Centurylink 660 series modem with a 10mbs internet connection. Bought the game through steam, not sure if you can buy it from a different website.

Spaceman Apprentice
    G2G

Level
    Level Completed: 59%
Next Level: 41XP
    Achievements:
    Known Individual...AstronautBeen there, done that...
    Hi LeeBrampton and wellcome to endless space.

Many other seem to share your fate. We (players) are right know collecting data concerning this bug. Please have a look at our topic. It contains several workarounds for this problem. While some player can getit to work using these methods the majority still ca not play. We still hope for some helpfull response from the developers.

Untill then we have to help eachother out.:

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...with-Log-files

Please go to this thread, read the posts and state your case. try to be detailed. (operating system, admiral or emperor edition, hamachi or other VPN clients installed installed?, are you in the same steam region?, does it work oneway but not the other?)
    And of cause please tell us if one of the postes workarbounds worked for you.

-sincerely the germans

Captain
    G2G

Level
    Level Completed: 62%
Next Level: 153XP
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSticky!Been there, done that...I love you guys!Endless Space ExplorerStardom!!!
    Awards:
    Endless SpaceVIPGamescom 2013DotE FounderDotE FounderDotE FounderDungeon of the EndlessEL FounderEndless Legend
    I also seem to have the updating bug % when i host. I uninstalled VPN now and put my firewall down. The only strange beviour I can tell so far is that every time i start endless space in steam it says its installing for first time.

Lead Community Developer
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 0%
Next Level: 0XP
    Achievements:
    Stardom!!!Humm... not bad...OverdriveCrowd Friending!Master TaggerPart of the Dev TeamSuper Glue!Living LegendVeteran
    Awards:
    Dev TeamEndless SpaceFirst WaveGamescom 2012BEER2GETHERDisharmonyDisharmonyDisharmonyGamescom 2013Dungeon of the EndlessDotE FounderEndless LegendEL FounderPAX East 2014Gamescom 2014PAX Prime 2014
    Hey LeeBrampton,

This is a duplicate. It's easier for us if you keep the discussion to the thread linked by Rabenzwist.

And Eysteing, check the .vdf files: delete them from your install directory (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...33&postcount=5)