Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion pack

Creative Director
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 99%
Next Level: 2XP
    Achievements:
    Glued!A little help from a friend!Stardom!!!OverdriveEndless Space ExplorerI love you guys!Been there, done that...
    Awards:
    First WaveEndless SpaceDev TeamBEER2GETHERGamescom 2012DisharmonyDisharmonyGamescom 2013EL FounderEndless LegendDotE FounderDungeon of the Endless

Expansion pack

Hello Everyone,
    As we announced during our community event last Friday at Gamescom, we will soon start working on an expansion pack.
    We know that we have definitely one focus for that Pack: Battles!
    We want to add more strategic choices, more feedback, fighters / Bombers / interceptors, more weapons, defenses, modules, formations, aiming strategies, boarding parties etc...

There were a few other wishes that were mentioned during the event by the community members present. Here is a quick list of them, I hope I did not forget too many of them:
    - New faction and traits (focusing on new battle techniques?)
    - Finding artifacts on moons or planets could be equipped on ships or heroes
    - More different weapons types, more hybrids and new types.
    - Visual impact of weapons on ships (I doubt we can go there...)
    - Space stations to defend systems
    - Options to make planets more unique by building special unique buildings. special building appear on planets / system.
    - Ground Battles to accelerate the sieging if the invasion is successful. It would then be visual, on the planet ground.
    - Huge Ships
    - Planet defenses that damages sieging fleets
    - Razing planets / Systems
    - Destroying entire star systems (will disappear after being destroyed)
    - Espionage and sabotage (also resulting in sabotage during the fleet battles). be able to trick the enemy with fake informations.
    - Heroes exploring artifacts unlock technologies on the tech tree
    - Construction queue sorting options ( I guess this was meant more towards sorting possible constructions on the systems..)
    - Boarding ships can capture enemy ships and keep them to use them for privateering under a fake flag (the flag of the original owner).

Of course there still are quite a lot of elements in our improve list to choose from, but please let us know what you want to see the most in the game expansion.

Cheers

ST
    Last edited by SpaceTroll; 08-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Spaceman Recruit
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 85%
Next Level: 15XP
    Achievements:
    AstronautBeen there, done that...
    Awards:
    Endless SpaceDev Team
    All those things in the OP sound pretty cool. I wouldn't mind the UI cleaned up a bit, and maybe controller support for us a comfy couch players.

Chief Galactic Officer 4
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 80%
Next Level: 30XP
    Achievements:
    I love you guys!AstronautJunior Game DesignerRising Star!Been there, done that...
    Awards:
    Dev TeamEndless SpaceDungeon of the EndlessDotE FounderDotE FounderDotE FounderDisharmonyEndless LegendEL Founder
    A pitty I couldn't make it. Sounds very nice. But how can I help now?

Fighters/Bombers and Boardingparties sounds grate! The rest from the list is of course interesting as well. I had some suggestions how to improve fighting without changing the system too much, but I can't find it right now...
    Legalized Piracy. It's a good thing!

Chief Galactic Officer 2
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 46%
Next Level: 81XP
    Achievements:
    Humm... not bad...AstronautHi my name is...Rising Star!Been there, done that...
    Awards:
    Dev TeamEndless SpaceDisharmonyDungeon of the EndlessDotE FounderEndless LegendEL Founder
    Two words: grund battles.

Galactic Officer 1
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 72%
Next Level: 42XP
    Achievements:
    Known Individual...AstronautBeen there, done that...
    I really like the ideas mentioned so far, especially space stations and the ability to raze systems (and/or mess with travel nodes;create wormholes)

the thing that bothers me the most at this point while playing however are limitations to the building queue of systems.
    • If I unlock a new building I want an easy way to select multiple systems and queue that building on ALL of them.
    • I want a button modifier, like shift, that will send my instruction to the top of the list, instead of the bottom
    • I'd like to see conversion to dust or science to be the default action on an empty queue, not something that can indefinitely block all items after it
    • I'd like the ability to hide improvements that I never build so they don't clog up my list making it hard to find the things I do like to build.

I don't trust the AI governer in the least, even now.... so I really really would like to see these things happen sooner rather than later.

Master Chief Stellar Officer
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 14%
Next Level: 130XP
    Achievements:
    Hi my name is...Humm... not bad...AstronautRising Star!Been there, done that...
    Awards:
    Dev TeamEndless SpaceDisharmonyDisharmony
    Pretty much addressed all of my concerns from alpha onwards. Love the game, but without a doubt the weak part of ES is the battles. It seems that most of those points I like so I hope you can include most, if not all of them, in this pack.
    I looked and looked but I didn't see God - Yuri Gagarin. Allegedly.

Spaceman Recruit
    G2G

Level
    Level Completed: 80%
Next Level: 20XP
    Achievements:
    Those could be useful :

- Finding artifacts on moons or planets could be equipped on ships or heroes : More heroes customization/RPG style !

- Space stations to defend systems : Create battle stations like a ship in system orbit so we can have battles with space stations.

- Options to make planets more unique by building special unique buildings. special building appear on planets / system. : Yay ! Endless-type pyramids !

- Planet defenses that damages sieging fleets : cf. space stations and use in space battles.

- Destroying entire star systems (will disappear after being destroyed) : Yes, but only with the doomsday weapon tech !

- Espionage and sabotage (also resulting in sabotage during the fleet battles). be able to trick the enemy with fake informations. : always a good idea.

- Construction queue sorting options ( I guess this was meant more towards sorting possible constructions on the systems..) : Construction queue needs some love anyway. We really need to save some premade queues, like the usual list of things for new planets.

- Boarding ships can capture enemy ships and keep them to use them for privateering under a fake flag (the flag of the original owner). : Or captured ships can be studied to copy their tech or gain science points.

Chief Stellar Officer
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 74%
Next Level: 39XP
    Achievements:
    AstronautBeen there, done that...Rising Star!
    Awards:
    Endless SpaceDev TeamFirst WaveEndless LegendEL FounderDungeon of the EndlessDotE Founder
    Wow ! Nice list is nice.

Currently, I feel like the game is seriously lacking of depth. All is ultra polished and fun, but some crucial aspects of a 4X game are simply not there, like espionnage or deep ship customization with plenty of weapon and module types to choose from.
    So if I had to choose three points among this list that seem most important to me, I'd take :

"- Espionage and sabotage (also resulting in sabotage during the fleet battles). be able to trick the enemy with fake informations.

- Ground Battles to accelerate the sieging if the invasion is successful. It would then be visual, on the planet ground.

-
    More different weapons types, more hybrids and new types."

But I'm surprised that there is nothing related to the galaxy in the list. I mean,
    most of the criticisms on the game were about how the galaxy seems dead and empty. So I would suggest to work hard on that too, if it's not on your improve list already. For example, please consider to add :

- Random events, black holes, novas, relics on planets and moons (already in the list, so ok), derelict star ships/bases, minor races...

Ha, and trade needs some love too !

Keep up the good work guys, and your development process is trully amazing !

Spaceman Apprentice
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 25%
Next Level: 75XP
    Achievements:
    Rising Star!AstronautBeen there, done that...
    Awards:
    Dev TeamEndless Space

If only we can add...

... a feature in which both players in multiplayer can actually be in the same battle and not have it AI vs Player :C

Fleet Master Chief Stellar Officer
    G2G

Level
    Level Completed: 3%
Next Level: 146XP
    Achievements:
    AstronautRising Star!Been there, done that...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceTroll View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    As we announced during our community event last Friday at Gamescom, we will soon start working on an expansion pack.

No doubt this are great ideas!

However can anyone explain me what exactly "expansion pack" means?

Is this a free update of the game (as it should be because those topics are mainly fixes to really weak parts of the game)?
    Or do we have to pay again for this?

Stellar Officer 2nd Class
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 94%
Next Level: 9XP
    Achievements:
    Capture the Tag!Confirmed CriticKnown Individual...A little help from a friend!AstronautGroup CollectorI love you guys!Been there, done that...
    Awards:
    Endless SpaceDev TeamGamescom 2012DisharmonyDungeon of the EndlessDotE FounderDotE FounderEndless LegendEL Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ørret View Post
    No doubt this are great ideas!

However can anyone explain me what exactly "expansion pack" means?

Is this a free update of the game (as it should be because those topics are mainly fixes to really weak parts of the game)?
    Or do we have to pay again for this?
    Considering the relatively low price of Endless Space, I wouldn't mind to pay for the expansion.
    But I think the developers will say more later.

But back to the topic:

Besides the improvements for the current space battle, the planetary invasions should get an update.
    As some have mentioned it, this could be achived by ground assautl/battle.
    In order to make the invasion a bit more challenging you could use diffrent invasion tactics like

* Siege
    * Offensive Attack with your ground troops
    * biological Warfare
    * or even by supporting a planetary rebellion.
    Last edited by theRob; 08-22-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Find me on the following social networks...
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Visit my website and portfolio - www.robertkpauls.com

Spaceman Apprentice
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 18%
Next Level: 82XP
    Achievements:
    Rising Star!AstronautBeen there, done that...
    Awards:
    Endless Space
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceTroll View Post
    - Space stations to defend systems
    - Options to make planets more unique by building special unique buildings. special building appear on planets / system.
    - Planet defenses that damages sieging fleets
    This, please.

Spaceman Recruit
    G2G

Level
    Level Completed: 75%
Next Level: 25XP
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Dev TeamDisharmony
    all of the ideas mentioned above would be a great addition, but some AI balancing is needed. I may just be really bad at endless space but any time i play on a difficulty above the easiest one the AI destroys me in score and expansion. anyway I love the game and would love expansions but would the be free updates or would you have to buy them?

Endless Moderator
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 94%
Next Level: 33XP
    Achievements:
    Stardom!!!Sticky!Taggerator!S.T.A.R.S.Endless Space ExplorerGroup FrenzyBeen there, done that...OverdriveCrowd Friending!
    Awards:
    VIPDev TeamEndless SpaceFirst WaveDotE FounderDungeon of the EndlessDungeon of the EndlessDungeon of the EndlessDisharmonyBEER2GETHEREndless LegendEL Founder
    A story. Or a way to create mods that are stories (that way I coul dcreate some kind of interactive tutorial).
    The game lacks "narrative" things, me thinks.
    Truth is a chameleon - Frank Herbert
    Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred - Frank Herbert
    I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you - J.R.R Tolkien

Creative Director
    G2G
    Level
    Level Completed: 99%
Next Level: 2XP
    Achievements:
    Glued!A little help from a friend!Stardom!!!OverdriveEndless Space ExplorerI love you guys!Been there, done that...
    Awards:
    First WaveEndless SpaceDev TeamBEER2GETHERGamescom 2012DisharmonyDisharmonyGamescom 2013EL FounderEndless LegendDotE FounderDungeon of the Endless
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
    ... a feature in which both players in multiplayer can actually be in the same battle and not have it AI vs Player :C
    would you mind elaborating a bit more?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast